Dating in part from 1810, Bank Farm house is an impressive red brick and part-black and white timbered character property offering more than 5,000 sq. ft. of flexible accommodation arranged over four floors maximising the panoramic views over surrounding countryside, The renovations and upgrades conducted by the current owners have been done so in line with the house’s history. The accommodation flows from a welcoming reception hallway and leads to a large kitchen/breakfast room. The kitchen provides a feature fireplace with 1898 datestone and woodburning stove, textured stone flooring, a range of wall and base units, modern integrated appliances, a useful pantry and neighbouring fitted utility room. There is a generous dining room with herringbone parquet flooring and feature ingle, a well-proportioned sitting room with woodblock flooring and feature cast iron open fire-place, an extensive drawing room with feature cast iron open fire-place and doors to a spacious part-vaulted conservatory with French doors to the terrace. Completing the ground floor is a versatile reception room which is currently configured as a gym and a useful cloakroom. The property also benefits from a generous cellar, suitable for a variety of uses.
The first floor offers a spacious principal bedroom with feature fire-place, built-in storage and large en-suite bathroom, two additional bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms, three further well-proportioned bedrooms and a spacious fully tiled family bathroom. On the second floor the property offers three inter-connecting rooms, all suitable for a variety of uses including conversion to additional accommodation if required.
Occupying an elevated position the property can be approached over two gravelled driveways providing parking for multiple vehicles, one giving access to the integral double garage and the other to a useful 17 ft. garden store. Extending to approximately one acre the gardens incorporate two large elevated paved sitting/entertaining areas providing stunning countryside views. The landscaped garden surrounding the property is laid mainly to lawn bordered by well-stocked flower and shrub beds and features a garden pond with decked seating area.
Bank Farm is in a beautiful rural area of Cheshire on the fringes of the small village of Bickley with its historic parish church and near to the village of Nomans Heath which offers a good range of day-to-day amenities including a convenience store, Post Office and public house. The historic busy village of Malpas offers more extensive amenities including a number of public houses, bakery, grocery shops and a post office. The historic city of Chester is within easy reach, with superb shopping, leisure and cultural facilities.
Communications links are excellent: Wrenbury station offers regular services to London Euston in around two hours and a strong network of A roads including the A55 North Wales Expressway give easy access to major regional centres and to the motorway network via the M53 and M56 just north of Chester.
The area offers a good selection of state primary and secondary schooling including Tushingham Primary School and Bishop Heber High School (both rated Outstanding by Ofsted) together with a wide range of independent schools including Abbey Gate and King’s and Queen’s Schools in Chester.